The Bridge Sound and Stage has moved the blog.

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://thebridgesoundstage.com/blog
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Recording Mons at HTM

It has taken me a while to post about this recording. The music they make at HTM is well above par. Their focus and tireless efforts in chanting are unmistakable even to those like myself with less experience with byzantine chant.

However this is not why I waited to post. I was working at a monastery and hanging out with open minded, intelligent, men who believe and devote their life to god. I found this experience set my balance off a bit. Liz jokingly asked if I planed to join up and I think Niall may have considered joining as well. I am not a person with strong faith, and my skepticism it extreme at times. But with that on the table, I feel comfortable saying this place and these men are unique in their true devotion to faith. Without question HTM is a very wonderful place where humble and devoted men strive to demonstrate a life of faith. I have read a few book about the semi-modern saints so that I might further understand the role models these men have for their lives. From what i can see these men strive to model their lives after the saints. With all the cults, mad-men, and perversions of traditional religion, it is nice to know that this traditional christian community offers a a church that supports and understands a modern world. -O

No comments:

Post a Comment